MANN+HUMMEL WIX Filters ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.wixfilters.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Website.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
• Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at:
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number,
or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our distribution list.
We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website,
or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions").
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally,
we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies (or browser cookies).
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser.
However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from,
and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example,
to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics
(for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers.
The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information,
about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services.
They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used.
If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Third-party technologies, content or applications used on the Website include:
This Website uses Adobe Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 Riverwalk,
Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Ireland ("Adobe"). Adobe Analytics uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site.
If the information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website is transmitted to an Adobe server, the settings ensure that the IP address is anonymised
before geolocation and replaced by a generic IP address before being saved. On behalf of the operator of this Website, Adobe will use this information to evaluate
the use of the Website by users, to compile reports on Website activities and to provide further services to the Website operator in connection with Website and internet use.
The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Adobe Analytics is not merged with other Adobe data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly.
However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this Website to their full extent.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the Website (including your IP address)
from being sent to Adobe and the processing of this data by Adobe by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
We work in the area of online marketing together with the company Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043,
computer which enable an analysis of the use of the Website. Cookies are set for so-called conversion tracking when you click on an ad placed by Google.
These cookies become invalid after 30 days and are not used for the purpose of personal identification.
If you wish to deactivate the cookies used for conversion tracking, you can set your browser to block cookies from the domain googleadservices.com.
If you would like to know more about these methods or know which possibilities you have to prevent this information being used by Google,
please click on the following link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en.
Our Website uses DoubleClick, a service provided by the company Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, US. DoubleClick is used to place ads when you visit our Website.
DoubleClick uses information (but no personal data such as your name or email address) about your visits to this and other websites in
order to place ads for products and services in which you are interested.
If you wish to know more about this method or find out how you can prevent DoubleClick using this information,
please click on the following link: www.google.de/policies/technologies/ads/.
Further information on this is available in the data privacy statement of Google Video: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
This online offer uses the video platform YouTube, which is provided by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA (“YouTube”).
YouTube is a platform which allows the playback of audio and video files.
If you access a corresponding page of our offer, the embedded YouTube player will establish a connection to YouTube so that the video or audio file can be transmitted and played.
In the process, data are also transmitted to YouTube as the responsible body. We are not responsible for the processing of this data by YouTube.
Further information concerning the extent and purpose of the collected data, on the further processing and utilization of your data by YouTube, on your rights and on your selectable data protection
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please click the unsubscribe link in the email or send an unsubscribe request to email@example.com. For more information,
see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MANN+HUMMEL WIX Filters assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MANN+HUMMEL WIX Filters about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MANN+HUMMEL WIX Filters LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page.
or via our toll-free number:
To register a complaint or concern, please contact email@example.com.
and others who reside in the State of California ("consumers" or "you").
We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Policy.
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Our Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete, search terms you enter, or rebate forms you submit to us.
• Indirectly from you. For example, from your interactions with our social media or from observing your actions on our Website.
• Data analytics providers. For example, Adobe Analytics.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
• To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
• To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
• To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
• To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
• For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose.
We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential,
and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
WE DO NOT SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Personal Information Category
Category of Third-Party Recipients
B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
D: Commercial information.
E: Biometric information.
F: Internet or other similar network activity.
G: Geolocation data.
H: Sensory data.
I: Professional or employment-related information.
J: Non-public education information.
K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information.
This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know").
Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions
(the "right to delete"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete),
we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary
for us or our service provider(s) to:
1 ) Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions
reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you,
fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3) Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6) Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7) Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8) Comply with a legal obligation.
9) Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
• Calling us at 1-800-949-6698.
• Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
• E-mail address.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us at email@example.com.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently provide the following financial incentives:
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-949-6698.